Carrot pineapple cake is my favorite when it comes to my birthday. No raisins, add pineapple instead! (I add pineapple to frosting also) I substitute pecans for walnuts! 🙂 YUM Loads of cream cheese frosting!
TRIPLE LAYER PINEAPPLE CARROT CAKE
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups finely grated peeled carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1 1/2cup drained pineapple
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup drained crushed pineapple (All Moisture Squeezed out)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper. Lightly grease waxed paper. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl until combined. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into sugar and oil mixture. Stir in carrots, chopped pecans, and pineapple.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans about 45 minutes. Cool in pans on racks 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto racks and cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and store at room temperature.)
- Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Place 1 cake layer on a platter. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with another cake layer. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting in decorative swirls over sides and top of the cake. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome and refrigerate.) Serve cake cold or at room temperature.
- YUMMY! EAT ☺